Dental Implants Los Angeles
Implant Dentistry with Dr. Joel Piehl, DDS
If you’ve lost one or more teeth due to an injury or disease, dental implants in Los Angeles can rejuvenate both your smile and your oral health. Despite numerous advancements in dentistry, countless Americans still suffer from a loss of teeth — mostly due to tooth decay, gingivitis (gum disease), or injury. In the past, the only dental treatment options that were available for people with lost teeth were bridges and dentures. But, today, dental implants offer a more permanent choice.
An Implant is an artificial replacement, or prosthetic. It is a tooth root replacement that is put into place in order to compensate for the one you lost.
A dental implant is a synthetic tooth root in the shape of a post that is surgically placed into the jawbone. The root is made of the same remarkable material used in hip and knee replacements. A permanent tooth is then attached to the post by a West Hollywood dentist providing the stability, biting force and appearance of your natural teeth. And because dental implants don’t directly rely on neighboring teeth for support like a bridge, they don’t compromise the health of your remaining original teeth.
The advantages of implants include:
- Improve your appearance. They look and feel just like your original teeth.
- Improved speech. Ill-fitting dentures often cause the teeth to slip within the mouth causing you to slur or mumble your words. Implants remove the worry that teeth will slip at just the wrong moment. .
- Improve your comfort. Because they become part of you, implants eliminate all of the discomforts of removable dentures.
- Improve your ability to eat. Slipping dentures can make chewing much more difficult. Since Implants function like your own teeth they allow you to enjoy your desired foods with renewed confidence.
- Improve your self-esteem. Implants will return your smile and immediately help you feel better about the way you look.
- Improve your oral health. Implants do not require integration or altering of other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Thus, more of your own teeth are left untouched, improving your long-term oral health. Individual dental implants also provide easier entree between your teeth for ongoing cleaning.
- Are more durable. Implants are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent. With good care, you will enjoy your implants for a lifetime.
- Are more convenient. Dental implants remove the potential embarrassment and the inconvenience of the necessity to remove dentures every day, as well as the need for unpleasant and annoying adhesives required to keep them properly fixed in place.
Dr. Piehl, a West Hollywood dentist, prefers the Dental Implant solution over a bridge because:
- An Implant is permanent whereas the average life of a bridge is 7 to 10 years
- An Implant does not directly rely on neighboring teeth for support, compromising other teeth.
- An implant is more stable and provides more biting force than a bridge.
- An Implant looks more like your natural teeth.
Trust the best Dental Implant Los Angeles, Beverly Hill specialist… Dr. Piehl!
See our Dental Implant Specials HERE and Call Today at (310) 507-9464.